According to the law of Murphy…“what you do not bring of spareparts – that part will break down”. So we brought a lot of spareparts with us – to avoid too problematic breakdowns. It is also because a lack of user experience that we bring maybe a little too much spareparts.
Having a breakdown for 1 or 2 weeks is normally not a problem when you are on a long term overlanding trip. You are not in a hurry, so you can wait for spareparts to get shipped world wide. I think, for our next overlander trip, we will bring less spareparts.
However, I am sure we will be popular on this trip if we meet another fellow Land Rover overlander owner with a break down – and in big need for a sparepart:) 🙂
[PICTURE OF SPAREPARTS….]
- Break show & Lining kit
- Universal joints
- Cylinder clutch sla
- Clutch Master & Slave cylinders
- Water pump
- Stering & Suspension
- Bearing-Hub x 2
- Universal Joint x 2
- Hub seal x 2
- Joint Ball
- Switch ignition
- Switch light
- Switch Indicator Dip Horn
- Switch Assy w/wipe
- Wiper blad x 4
- Alternator Assy
- Fuel Filter
- Service kit (oliefilter, fuelfilter, rotor, luftfilter) x 2
- Gasket – Fuel Tank Sensor
- Contact kit 135384
- Contact kit 131831
- 3VRS 1212 NCS100790 42755A?
- Light bulbs: H4, P21W, P21/5W, PY21W, W5W, Fuse 10A.
We also have a complete set of “liquids” for the car/engine, but I think for next time I will bring less and take the “chance”.
- Axle/Transfære 75w-90- gearolie/axle x 10pc 1L
- Engine olie 5w-40 x 10pc 1L
- Transmission olie Rover 94 x 6pc 1L
- Coolant x 2pc 1L
- Servo CHF 11s x 1L
- Break fluid DOT 4 x 2pc a 250ml
- Anti-rust lubricating oile 1 spray canister
- Lubricating grease uniway lix 62 X 1 tube
- Liquid grease, joints x 2 bags
[MORE PICTURE OF SPAREPARTS….?]